GROUP TUITION OR ONE-TO-ONE HOME FOR JC TUITION?
The biggest challenge for parents or students when it comes to private JC tuition is often the choice between one-to-one or group tuition.
Given the competitiveness of the world today, everybody wants to be in the best possible position to start in life, and the best way to do it is through education.
Getting help from private tuition can help students in many positive ways:
- Extra help understanding school topics
- Exam preparation
- To increase confidence
- To catch-up on school work
Each student has different needs and learning curve, albeit there are plenty of pros and cons for choosing either one-to-one or group tuition, the most important is to factor in which is more suitable for the student.
THE BENEFITS OF GROUP TUITION
Group tuition has many benefits that are sometimes overlooked. The student will have the opportunity to interact with other students and meet new people, which means they will be able to hear other peoples’ opinions and listen to questions they may not have thought of themselves. The focus of the lesson will not solely be on the student, so they may have more time to digest certain pieces of information. Other benefits include:
- Usually more affordable than one-to-one tuition
- Tuition centres will provide well researched materials for the lesson
- Tutors are often full-time workers, who are committed to teaching
- Group tuition is usually at a centre with better equipment
- Students are able to share their knowledge or problems with each other
- Encourages interaction and enhances social skills
- Students can make new friends
- Encourages friendly competition
- Offers a livelier environment for more enjoyable learning
THE BENEFITS OF ONE-TO-ONE TUITION
There are benefits to one-to-one tuition, but the fact that the student will have the full attention of his/her private tutor is probably the most prominent. This also leads to a stronger relationship with the tutor, whereby the student will be able to build up trust and feel more comfortable when attending the classes. Other benefits include:
- Focussed attention for the student
- Personalised teaching for the student’s needs
- Reinforces knowledge learned in school
- The student can study at his/her own pace
- No Travelling. The tutor will be travelling to the student’s home.
- Flexibility with lesson scheduling
- More emotional support
- Customised lesson and exam preparation